The ability to move and sense surroundings plays a crucial role in any person’s development, so it is important for parents and caregivers to proactively assess their children’s small motor and sensory processing challenges as early as possible.
An occupational therapy evaluation at HCA will assess the following factors:
- Upper body muscle tone, strength, and range of motion
- Fine motor skill development
- Eye-hand coordination
- Visual-Perceptual development
- Activities of daily living (i.e., dressing, eating, hygiene)
- Sensory integrative functioning
- Need for assistive devices
- Environmental adaptations
If concerns are found in any of these areas, HCA will recommend the appropriate occupational therapy treatment, tailored to each individual’s needs.
Our New York State-licensed occupational therapists and certified occupational therapist assistants provide treatment sessions in classroom, clinic, and home settings.
We also encourage family members to observe therapy sessions and participate in their child’s individual treatment program through hands-on learning, observation, team meetings, and regular communication with our therapists.
For more information about HCA’s occupational therapy services, please contact the OT/PT Department Coordinator at (607) 798-7117 x332.