The HCA of Southern New York, Inc. has served people with disabilities and their families since 1947. HCA is a New York State Cerebral Palsy Association affiliate and a United Way Member Agency.
- Develop, establish, and maintain multidisciplinary diagnostic and treatment services for developmentally and physically disabled persons and their families.
- Plan and implement individualized programs designed to increase to the greatest possible degree the individual's physical, social, intellectual, and emotional abilities.
- Enable developmentally disabled persons to remain in the community, develop to their fullest potential, and become independent functional members of society.
- To provide integration opportunities for local people with disabilities in a dignified, respectful manner.
- To provide an environment where activities, services and support are based on the dreams, interests, preferences, strengths, and capabilities of the individual -- where a person with a disability is treated as a person.
"At this point in my life, there is not too much that amazes me. It seems I've seen the highs and lows of just about everything.
One thing that continues to astonish me is the people I get to work with here. Time after time their sense of compassion and commitment is demonstrated in ways that overwhelm me. The professionalism throughout the agency is astounding.
I think it's our people that make HCA different."
~ Steve Sano, Executive Director
"In my five years as Board President, I have seen HCA help hundreds of individuals and families by improving the quality of their lives. It has been a privilege to work with the staff and employees who exhibit such outstanding compassion and patience.
The name of our new website says it all: HCA serves!"
~ Board President Xan Penrose
President Xan Penrose
Vice President William Sands – Bearsch Compeau Knudson Architects & Engineers PC
Treasurer Amy Brown – Piaker & Lyons, CPA's
Secretary Dana Potter - Magic 101.7 FM, G M Broadcasting, Inc.
Mick Chorny - Retired from OPWDD
Lars Mead – Coughlin & Gerhart LLP
Debora Panicek – Vestal Nursing Center
Gail Barton- Retired from Tioga County DSS